Goodbye 2009. I am rather glad to see you go because you really weren't my favorite year. Too many downs and not enough ups.
It has been so long since I have posted that Typepad has changed its editor. Not that I was lost, only dazed for a second.
So, why the long absence? I took some time away from blogging because I had a lot going through my head. And, I've decided to be honest with you. My doctor diagnosed me with depression and anxiety issues. Before you get alarmed, it wasn't anything bordering suicidal. Just mild...but mild enough to interfere with my daily life.
I stopped taking care of the house. I stopped taking care of myself. I avoided phone calls. I barely got on facebook. I never got on twitter. I avoided my blog because I felt that it would expose me. I stopped creating. So, I got help.
I'm feeling so much better now and am getting my life in order. I've been working on the house, cleaning up and catching up on the pile of laundry on the floor in the master bedroom. I also filled in twice for some teachers on maternity leave. That kept me busy, but I was thankful for the busyness of it all because it kept me focused.
And I've started crafting some stuff. Amazing...I feel so alive when I'm crafting something. I love to bring beauty into the world...even if I am the only one who appreciates it. Making something gives me a glimpse of how our Heavenly Father must feel...beaming with love and pride over His precious creation. Some stuff we find beautiful, like a sunset or a rose. Other things we find disgusting, like the homeless person who hasn't showered in months. But He finds it all beautiful.
Joy.
So, goodbye 2009. I learned a lot from you but I'd rather not relive it. And, hello 2010. I embrace you with open arms, ready to refresh and re-energize myself.
2 comments:
I am glad that you are excited about 2010. I know that it will be a better year and that God has a great plan for you. You are a tremendously gifted person, and God has poured His Spirit into you, so that when you use your gifts, it will glorify Him. I know that 2009 was a tough year, but you touched many lives even if you weren't doing what you had planned. God planned it. I pray that God will bless you abundantly in 2010, and that He will captivate you.
Amelia, you are awesome! Thanks for the encouragement.
Post a Comment