Saturday, January 10, 2009

What kind of reader am I…and more

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Literate Good Citizen
 

You read to inform or entertain yourself, but you're not nerdy about it. You've read most major classics (in school) and you have a favorite genre or two.

Dedicated Reader
 
Book Snob
 
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
 
Fad Reader
 
Non-Reader
 
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Today is the first day since Tuesday that I have been online or checked email. I've been studying all week, trying to remember all that I've been reading in preparation for the Praxis II test today. My goodness, the stuff you learn from 4th-8th grade! It's incredible. Too much to remember, in fact! I'm hoping that I passed the test.

This morning was incredibly frustrating. I was told to report to the testing facility at 7:30 a.m. PROMPT. So, like any studious person, I was there early. I found the room and got settled, waiting for the proctors to show. They showed up at 7:25 and asked all of us to get our stuff and exit the room so that they could properly check us in. I completely understand why, but did it require us standing out in the hall for 25 MINUTES until they got the room in order? They were well aware of how many test takers there would be. Why did they arrive earlier and have the room set up?

So, after standing in a 100 degree hallway for literally 25 minutes, we were all allowed back in and assigned seats. Then we sat and waited more, because we could not start the test until everyone arrived OR until 8 p.m. Two people were missing, so we sat until 8:00. During that time they allowed anyone who needed to use the restroom to do so. However, one MORON with his bluetooth set left the room and was gone for quite some time. And, we had to wait for him to come back before we started. So we didn't even start the test until 8:20. And, of course, I could not leave until the entire test time was up. I'm a pretty quick test taker (you either know it or you don't), so I finished the test with a little under an hour left
. Then I went back and checked my answers, making sure that I didn't get off-track somehow on the bubble answer sheet. Did all of that and still had 20 minutes to go. HOW BORING!

Here's the thing. I have to pass this test in order to get my teacher's certification. If I don't pass, I take it again (for another WHOPPING $80!!!). I have no clue how I did. Even though I took several practice tests, I don't know what I would have scored. See, the company that administers the praxis exam gives out different versions each time the test is administered. And, as not to punish those who receive a harder test, the answers are scaled. For example, you might get 100 out of 120 questions right, but that's not your final score. Your final score depends on the level of difficulty of your exam. 

Can you understand my frustration?

But now that's finished and I won't know the score until February. I can finally get the stack of DVDs and books that have been calling my name. Oh yeah, and my school work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...